Back to post list

2018 January

Feb 21, 2018

St Pete Pride Board of Directors Meeting

Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, January 16th, 2018

Metro Welcome Center – 2227 Central Ave / St. Petersburg, FL 33713



Board Members in Attendance: Chrys Bundy

Laura Legarreta

J. Aller

Susan McGrath

Nathan Bruemmer

Scion Provenzano

Luke Blankenship (Interim Executive Director)


Board Members Absent: Stanley Solomons


Agenda Item

Discussion and Action

Follow-Up

Opening

  • Scion called the meeting to order at 7:03pm


Guests

  • Richard Brandt, Franklin Templeton (Board Candidate)

  • Nicole Carlisle, HKNA (Board Candidate)

Both candidates were interviewed on various topics and answered questions about their questionnaire





Approval of Minutes

  • Scion made a motion to approve. Susan seconded.

Approved unanimously


Executive Director’s Report

  • Tech Data renewed $5,000

  • ValPak – in kind advertising to 100k homes via blue envelopes in Pinellas County. Will follow up with analytics.

  • SP2 Concert planning is well underway

  • Grand Marshall nominations were discussed. Jay noted that for votes to count this year, people will have to validate their vote via email. Luke will be working with the Grand Marshall Committee (Jay and Susan) to establish a list. Nate suggested that we open up the nominations to the public for approximately two weeks. The board agreed.

  • Jay will create the form on the site and get it ready to be published.


Treasurer’s Report

  • $15,900 Savings

  • $40,068 Checking

  • $18,137 Brokerage


Scion to reach out to financial planner to come in for a review ASAP.

Associate Board Report

  • No report


Committee Reports

  • Hiring Committee discussed the Executive Director position and hiring process.



Old Business

  • Taste of Pride - Luke has requested that board members bring in a restaurant or brewery to Taste of Pride.


New Business

  • Trans Pride March – This year’s Trans Pride March was discussed. Potential partnership with Equality Florida is again on the table. Nate to use last year’s sign up emails to send out a reminder email.

  • Accessibility Issue – Nate brought up a potential issue with accessibility. People of reduced ability need to have a designated area for pick-up / drop off as well as view the parade.

  • 2018 Pride List will be distributed electronically for board members to sign up for

  • Scion requested that a tent design schematic be drawn up so we know the general setup that is expected.

  • Diamonds in Diversity Feb 3rd

  • Besties Award (Visit St. Pete Clearwater) – Feb 1st

  • POSE Conference – March 22nd – 25th




  • Nate to assist in the formation of a committee for Trans Pride.

  • Luke to send out FL Pride calendar for sign ups.

Adjournment

  • Meeting Adjourned 9:25pm

  • Next meeting will be February 20th at 7pm



1


Previous Next

Posted by: J. Aller

Comments